How To Meditate
The following are suggestions for helping you to create the proper atmosphere for practicing meditations at home.
– Pick a place in your home where there is the least chance of being disturbed.
– Have the following items on hand for practicing meditation. A vase of roses, real or artificial, of different colors, or one living/artificial rose. A white candle and holder. Rose or Jasmine scented incense.
– Arrange as follows: Candle in front of flowers or flower. Burning incense in front of candle.
– Beautiful music playing in the background is most beneficial for meditating.
– You may practice meditation either sitting upright or lying down. Beginners should practice in a sitting position for about a week, and then experiment to see which is better for them, sitting or reclining.
– If you practice in a sitting position, position your body as follows: Both feet flat on the floor. Hands resting palms-up on your lap. Body erect but comfortable. Use a high-back chair to support your head (there are exceptions to this position.)
– If you practice in a reclining position, have your ankles crossed. Fold your hands and place them over the central upper part of your body (there are exceptions to this position also.)
– If meditating in a reclining position, place your head to the North and your feet to the South…….. if at all possible.
– At all times in a meditation period, when your mind is engaged in positive affirmations, or thoughts, keep your attention on the center of your forehead- i.e. your mind’s eye, or eye of the soul, to prevent the intrusion of negative thoughts or noises.
– Temperature in the room or place where you are meditating should be somewhere between 72 and 78 degrees.
– Meditate in the same room or place each day. Use the same chair, select a comfortable article of clothing and use it each day till you have mastered the technique. Then meditate anywhere or anytime you choose.
– Meditate at the same time or times each day
– Don’t meditate when you are hungry, and avoid meditation immediately after a meal. Wait at least 1 or 2 hours, then meditate.
Meditation is known to help strengthen the immune system, increase deeper thoughts and clarity of focus. Better mind control over all your emotions, and daily functions. such as a chaotic environment, like job stress, family chaos, personal mismanagement of self, and all areas of your life. You will be able to complete tasks more expediently and with efficiency. Your world will be under your control according to your faith in yourself, and God.
Light is knowledge, use this light to see into the dark areas of your life, and light it up.
Be aware of most things coming your way, good and bad. Although we all know that some bad things will interfere with your life anyway, but you will have a tool to fight those bad things with, and survive against the odds.
Remember: When you pray, you talk to God. When you meditate God talks to you. How can you hear God talk to you when you are always talking? You have to learn how to listen properly, and these words will teach you how to do just that. While you are in the closet of your mind, seek spiritual peace there, and you will be rewarded openly, in the outer world.
Peace, be still.
Wonderful and loving results will be yours to experience with practice in our stressed out world. The amount of information here is designed for you to perfect the technique. If you make changes or variations to the lines of information, make sure you are cool, calm and collected when you do. A more exact style will be generated by your mind for you only.
Thank you for helping yourself.